Ruby-on-Rails: Help with render: layout => false -


i trying access rails app resource api (it sends application/xml request) , not have parse xml file.

in resources controller have following:

def get_resource     @my_resource = resources.new     render :xml => @my_resource end 

which produces xml file expected. if replace with:

render :layout => false 

my api reports "template missing" error. i've tried following:

render :xml => @identity, :layout => false 

but page renders anyway. what's right way go this?

when render :xml, not use layout because doesn't use template either. specifying :layout => false, tell rails template not exist.

now, if don't want parse xml file, have few alternatives. either:

render :json => @my_resource 

or

render :text => "my resource name is: #{@my_resource.name}" # whatever want 

it depends on how want result look, api expects receive. if don't find of helpful, give example of how want response look.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

asp.net - repeatedly call AddImageUrl(url) to assemble pdf document -

java - Android recognize cell phone with keyboard or not? -

iphone - How would you achieve a LED Scrolling effect? -